Warranty and Returns
A. Who provides this warranty?
Shade Canada Products.
B. Who is entitled to this warranty?
This Warranty applies only to the original purchaser who paid for the product and may not be assigned or transferred to subsequent owners. This Warranty applies only to products purchased and installed in Canada.
C. What are the responsibilities of Shade Canada under this warranty?
Subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein, Shade Canada will furnish replacements for parts found to be defective in design, manufacture or assembly, under each specific component or product warranty as set forth below.
D. What are the responsibilities of the original purchaser under the warranty?
- Before any claims may be made under this Warranty, the original purchaser must have paid in full for the product covered under the Warranty, according to the terms and conditions of the pay-plan defined in the original order. If the purchaser has failed to make full payments according to the specific pay plan for the product, this warranty shall be nullified and Shade Canada shall be relieved from any responsibility or liability under this warranty. The purchaser agrees and acknowledges that this Warranty agreement constitutes an executory contract.
- The purchaser must use care in installation, maintenance, operation, use, and storage of the product in accordance with the instructions contained in the owner’s manual. Any failure to install, maintain, operate, use and store the product in accordance with the instructions contained in the owner’s manual will nullify this warranty and relieve Shade Canada from any responsibility or liability under this warranty.
- Promptly notify Shade Canada of any claims.
- The purchaser may be required to provide a photograph of any defective parts. The purchaser may also be required to pay a deposit until the defective parts are returned to Shade Canada for inspection. The purchaser must obtain a return authorization form from Shade Canada customer service department prior to the return of any merchandise and after having received such authorization, return the part or product, freight prepaid, to Shade Canada.
E. What is covered under this warranty?
With the exception of the remote control and the wind sensor which are limited to one year of warranty, the following components attached to the Brasilia™ Awnings’ Collection and the Solar Shades are covered under a five (5) year Warranty, subject to the limitations set forth below:
- STRUCTURAL SUPPORTS, which include the lateral arms, the back casing, the front casing and all other attached supports are warranted not to fail for five (5) years provided that the components are not subjected to excessive winds or water pooling on the fabric.
- ROLLER BAR is warranted for five (5) years against any and all damage including cracking and permanent bowing that would affect the performance of the awning, provided that the awning is not subjected to excessive winds or water pooling on the fabric.
- ACRYLIC FABRIC AND MESH FABRIC are warranted for ten (10) years against:
- Excessive fading under normal conditions if maintained, operated, used, and stored in accordance with the instructions contained in the owner’s manual.
- GEAR MECHANISM (Manual Model only) is warranted for five (5) years not to fail under normal conditions if maintained, operated, used, and stored in accordance with the instructions contained in the owner’s manual.
- ELECTRIC MOTOR (Motorized Model only) is warranted for five (5) years not to fail under normal conditions if maintained, operated, used, and stored in accordance with the instructions contained in the owner’s manual. The remote control and Wind Sensor are however limited to a one (1) year warranty.
- AWNING ACCESSORIES(defined as accessories attached to the awning) are warranted for five (5) years not to fail under normal conditions if maintained, operated, used, and stored in accordance with the instructions contained in the owner’s manual.
F. What is not covered under this warranty?
- The Brasilia™ Awnings’ Collection and Solar Shades are not designed to be used for carports and are not designed to be installed on recreational vehicles. Any damage that results from the Purchaser’s use of Awnings for carports or on recreational vehicles are not covered by this warranty.
- Support brackets are not conceived for installation on home roofs. Although there are some specialized brackets for home roofs, any damage arising to the roof or the house following a water infiltration, will not be covered by this product Warranty whenever the awning is installed on a roof.
- Any failure or damage of the components that results from any intentional or negligent actions by the purchaser or by any other person is not covered by this Warranty.
- When the product is installed by a third party contracted by the buyer, it is the responsibility of the purchaser to securely fasten the awning to studs, joists, headers or other structural parts of the building. Any failure or damage that results from the awning falling from its installed position is not covered by this Warranty.
- The purchaser or his subcontractor must have followed the installation, maintenance, operation, use and storage recommendations provided in the installation manual. Failure to comply with the terms and conditions, the warranty will be considered null and void and will release Multiple Awnings Inc. from all liabilities described under this warranty.
- Labor charges connected with installation of replacement parts are not covered by this Warranty.
- Freight expenses to and from Multiple Awnings in shipping damaged or replacement parts are not covered by this Warranty and must be paid by the purchaser.
- Stretching of fabric or damage to any structural component caused by wind or water pooling on the fabric or any other weather are not covered by this Warranty.
- Any modification or addition to the awning structure and support system or to the electric motor or its wiring will nullify this Warranty and relieve Shade Canada from any responsibility or liability under this Warranty.
G. General Provisions And Limitations
- The Warranty Granted Herein Is The Exclusive Remedy For The Purchaser. Shade Canada Makes No Other Warranties To The Purchaser, Express, Statutory, Implied Or Otherwise And All Implied Warranties, Including Without Limitations, Implied Warranties Of Merchantability And Fitness For A Particular Purpose, Are Hereby Disclaimed.
- To The Extent Permitted By Law, Shade Canada Shall Have No Liability To The Purchaser Or Any Other Person For Incidental, Special, Consequential, Indirect Or Similar Damages Of Any Kind Or Nature Whatsoever, Whether Arising Out Of Breach Of Warranty Or Other Breach Of Contract, Negligence Or Other Tort, Or Otherwise, Even If Shade Canada Shall Have Been Advised Of The Possibility Or Likelihood Of Such Potential Loss Or Damage. In No Event Shall Shade Canada Be Liable For Loss Of Profits And/or Wages.
- Some Provinces Or States Do Not Allow Limitations On How Long An Implied Warranty Lasts, Or Dont Allow The Exclusion Or Limitation Of Incidental Or Consequential Damages, So The Above Limitations May Not Apply To You.
- This Warranty Gives You Specific Rights, And You May Have Other Rights, Which Vary From One Province To Another Or From State To Another.
Due to the custom nature of our products, we do not offer returns at this time.
Stay up to date
Get notified about the newest products and upcoming sales